View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 1, 2009, 4:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisecynic View Post
Quoting that Statesman article regarding proposed convention center:

Sure, it didn't get the onerous 2/3 majority required for long term indebtedness but the bond measure twice got around 56% of the vote, iirc. I'd hardly call that a failure. Please, Statesman, state the facts and quit sensationalizing. We are not children.

Another thing left out of that article was the City getting involved and trying to get it (new convention center) moved to the Simplot (S16 ?) lot to be closer to The Grove. Simplots wanted no part of it, now we know why, I guess.

Still, nobody has answered the question I posed 2 or 3 pages back. How will delivery services, remodeling services and taxis etc be accomodated?

It bugs me too when the Statesman refers to the previous bond votes for the larger convention center as failures when over half of the Boise citizens who did vote were in favor. The failure is the N.I.M.B.Y.S. who spoke with a forked tongue and spread lies and fear about financing the new center. I also think it silly the Statesman cared to write about what the biggest NIMBY in Boise thought about this Simplot project because who cares what he and his almost cult like followers think....who really cares? I still remember how pathetic the anti convention center adds were that our doomsday friends who oppose growth put out in the local media.
The Antique Roadshow keeps bypassing Boise because our current convention center is a little too small for them. What others have bypassed us because of the same issue?

It is going to be exciting to see more detailed renderings of this new project and just how tall the highrise wall is on Front Street, I am surprised that the height of the tall buildings has not been disclosed yet.