View Single Post
Old Posted May 30, 2009, 5:34 AM

^^^This picture really shows why I think that this development is the perfect ending point for Broad St. rather than punching it through. Broad would end once it hit the proposed convention center anyway, which is hardly anything that your average citizen would use as a frequent destination. Without the street going through, there is sort of an exclamation point for Broad St. and Boise citizens, rather than dieing out at the convention center which will be extensively used by people from outside the area. If I was attending a convention and wasn't an urban enthusiast I would be much more drawn out into the city by this very intriguing multi-block development than I would be if there was just a typical looking street. A gap in the building creating an entrance could possibly be flanked by restaurants in the east facing section which would make clear the intended use of the property as being for the public, while continuing the visual flow of the street for pedestrians without having to accommodate suburban traffic.

Last edited by Visualize; May 30, 2009 at 5:45 AM.