View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 15, 2015, 5:00 PM
Moran supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepstar View Post
That's my biggest beef. I'm not against development of new suburbs, but I find the anti-inner city sentiment ridiculous. I have have friend who lives in the burbs and he's always complaining about how downtown gets a fancy expensive bridge but Panorama Hills gets nothing. No amount of debate and logic will make him understand.

I wonder if there are any numbers out there for the total cost of infrastructure for a new subdivision?
I believe more and more of those new subdivision infrastructure costs are being rolled into the prices of those homes in those suburbs instead of being rolled on to the backs of all civic tax payers. I do remember the developers complaining about this in years past but to me, this seems fair - why should my almost inner-city bungalow that's been paying into the tax base for decades go to help build new areas and then I get stuck with a surtax or whatever they call it when my sidewalks wear out and need replacing.