View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 25, 2019, 3:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjr101 View Post
CPT is already over 1300 ft so there is no way One Vandy can catch that unless there is a stop work order on CPT that lasts until the summer.
The intagramer is obviously being hyperbolic because its his Dad's project.
Or, he genuinely isn't aware that CPT and 111 W 57th St will end up being taller than 1401 ft. Considering that CPT's growth slowed significantly over the past several months, he might really think that it's almost topped out.

But if he does realize that CPT and 111 W 57th St will be taller than 1401 ft when completed, he might be implying the remaining 12 floors and the spire of One Vandy will be erected so insanely fast that it will actually be taller than both of them for a short while. We both agree this is extremely unlikely, but I think the probability isn't zero. One Vandy has been rising unprecedentedly fast so far, and the remaining floors will get smaller and smaller, so each floor will likely take less and less time to construct, and the building may rise even faster than it has.

The Empire State Building is famous for being completed in under 14 months. I wonder if One Vandy will beat that.

UPDATE: I just scrolled back to older posts in this thread and saw that One Vandy started going up about 14 months ago. So I can answer my own question: No, the ESB will remain the record holder.