View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 9, 2019, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_climber13 View Post
Hey all new here, sorry to hijack the thread but this is probably one of the best places on the internet to ask.

I’ll be moving to San Diego in months and looking for insights on neighborhoods to move. I want something pretty affordable (no more than $2,000 for 2 bedroom) and also moving with 2 large dogs so a small yard is necessary. Will be working on the navy base so something within biking distance and light rail access to downtown. Want to live close to water where it’s cooler and don’t have to use AC much.

What are some realistic options? Chula Vista seems to be a pretty decent working class town with everything I’m looking for. Only heard bad things about national city but that was several years ago. Balboa park would be ideal but probably out of my price range.

Also, how is the rail system throughout SD? Looking at the map it looks pretty impressive, even more so than San Francisco. Does it have a frequent schedule? Does it go places you’d actually want or need to go? Or is it more a novelty?

Thanks in advance
I happen to like Golden Hill, Southpark, and if it's not too far for you, Pt. Lomas a lot. They're all more my speed than National City or Chula Vista. You might also have some luck in Banker's Hill, but it's been a while since I've looked at rents there.

The rail system works pretty well for events but it doesn't yet go where most people need it to go. Hopefully its usefulness will increase with its current expansion.