View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 4, 2018, 5:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillinGlendaleCA View Post
Scott, I've kind of held off commenting on this picture because I didn't have much to add; but I grew up in Thousand Oaks(1960-1978) and that building looks familiar but I can't place it. Admittily there's about 30 years from when that picture was taken and when I'd have seen(and be able to remember) it. You mentioned in later posts that your family worked in the entertainment industry...there was a great deal of filming in the Conejo Valley before it became urbanized in the early 1970's and there was Jungleland!
Interesting, Bill!

All I know of the place is that my great-grandmother bought it "in the 20s", and that (judging by the age of my dad) the photo I have appears to be from the mid-30s - I wonder if the structure survived until the 60s-70s?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis Criblecoblis View Post
I am so jazzed to learn that the Dresden Room is still open, and that Marty and Elayne are still there! I just assumed that, as with pretty much every other important local hangout of my youth, it was long gone.

I have actually sung with Marty and Elayne several times; it was some of the most fun I've ever had in front of an audience.

I am definitely going there soon with my wife. If it's a Tuesday, maybe I'll even sing!
You'll have fun! It can get really crowded, but not always: my bartender buddy told me it was dead last night (which is pretty unusual for a Friday night).

I hope Marty and Elayne stay there as long as they can - the place wouldn't be the same without them.

By the way, at what time was the Dresden one of your hangouts? The period when I spent my most time there was between 1992 and 1999. Do you remember any of your bartenders' names?