View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 19, 2011, 4:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebisebster View Post
Intro: Hello everybody.
Since I discovered this Forum, I have been an enthusiast follower of all your work, and I have learned many things about this city, Los Angeles, which I love so much.

Thanks to you folks, and thanks to all LA lovers of its history, I have been able of seeing Los Angeles changing and growing up from 'El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora, la Reina de Los Ángeles, to the present day. In addition I must admit that all of your work has opened my appetite to create my own thread in a spanish forum like this one. (With Moderator's permission, here's the link: http://www.urbanity.es/foro/urbanism...y-cristal.html)

I tried to be a good student and I started my learning about Los Angeles with your help, and among others, with LAPL website and USC Digital Archives.
I never dared to post anything here since my english is not my natural born language, and I was very afraid of being severely criticized just for this simple reason.

But now all my fears are over and this is my first contribution. I hope you like it.

........................... if we put them all together, we get a very good panoramic of 4th and Hill intersection, looking northwest:

..............Then and now: what do you think?

First of all, let me just say............WOW! that 1939 comp image of the corner of 4th and hill, absolutely breathtaking!

Now with that out of the way......welcome to the thread Sebisebster, i looked at your site, and it is very nice. there are a few photos that i had not seen before, particularly with the Arroyo Seco Parkway, and the destruction associated with the construction of the harbor freeway. once again, welcome , i know i look forward to more of your contributions!