View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 5, 2011, 7:20 PM

Great set of pics, Gaylord!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaylordWilshire View Post

LAPL
Photograph caption dated February 19, 1985, reads, "Residents who live near the Odyssey nightclub and
teenagers who frequent the club, showed up at a press conference called by local legislators who have
proposed legislation set a midnite curfew for clubs which cater to largely teen-age clientele." Is that the
Rexall to the left?
Why yes it is, with the Beverly Center to its right, back when it was its original dung brown color. In my late teens I used to frequent the Beverly Center, just because I thought it was a great place to people-watch at the time. During that period, I once saw Cher coming out of a store called The Mod Hatter there. And one time, while my friend and I were going down the escalators to get to my car, we spotted Shirley Jones ahead of us. I think she must've overheard one of us say "Isn't that Shirley Jones?" because then she started looking back at us and walking faster; maybe she thought we were following her? We weren't following her, she just happened to park on the same level that we did and she was walking ahead of us. She hurried into her dark-colored Mercedes and fishtailed out of the exit.

~ Charles Bukowski