View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 9, 2014, 5:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadingpa View Post
I wonder how long it will be until the Taco Bell, Enterprise, and Jack in the Box sites are redeveloped.
Although I have a somewhat troubling addiction to Taco Bell, it seems that the Enterprise would be the one business worth saving. I can see a major advantage for them, and for tourists (and residents who don't own cars, but maybe need one for the day), to be in that central location. I wonder if maybe they could rent out spaces in the parking garage of whatever is eventually built there. But I suppose they would be SOL during construction.

Sorry for the musings, that have nothing to do with the project at hand.
I'm for keeping fast food and convenient restaurants such as the ones you mentioned plus others like McDonalds, Subway..., as an inexpensive and universally recognized place to grab a meal wherever I travel. While we should encourage visitors to try our local fare, I think its good form to not to run out all the national chains, but perhaps incorporate them somehow so visitors can grab that Big Mac when the urge arises. I hit plenty of upscale restaurants in England when I had business there, was nice to have the KFC option when I wanted something cheap I could count on. Last time I was at Disney World at the Yacht Club,
I would have taken down Mickey, Minnie, and the whole bunch for just one fast food option. There were none.
My two cents for keeping named brand fast food dt.