View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 9, 2010, 12:52 PM
Guess Who's Back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac150 View Post
I’m quite baffled on how this one is moving forward considering its size; perhaps the company developing it is in good shape. Nonetheless it’s one of the more interesting projects I’ve seen come out of this city. A building like this in my mind achieves more of an iconic brand, as opposed to just building cookie cutters. Having this as sort of a ‘street divider’ as you’re driving off the Palm Island will make for one cool setting.
I think although Dubai has been hit hard by the recent financial climate, due to the nature of Dubai it seems that this city is bouncing back bigger, better & stronger much quicker than any other city in the world.
Big slumps in a place like Dubai make for cheap real estate in what will become a very bouyant market again very soon.
People who missed out on the development bandwagon will get a heads up this time and a second chance.

Anyway, I think the mammoth Dubai Pearl has become my new favorite U/C project and as Dac150 said, has 'iconic' written all over it....just a shame they couldn't get the interchange inline with the Palm entrance...doh!