View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 21, 2020, 7:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmas View Post
Going into 2021 what will the CFL look like? will it even exist?
  1. Does Ambrosie keep his job as commish? Yes. As a reward for being the meat shield for the League Presidents and Owners. But the cost of him staying is that the herd of cats need to get on the same page and work together.
  2. What sort of new players CBA and cost structures will be put into place to ensure teams are not losing as much as they were prior to the pandemic? A sliding scale for players. QB's max out at xxxk, receivers xxxk, and so on. One term I absolutely hate is "Skill Players" and the others. How many large men could just walk in a be an offensive lineman? Big men who have to coordinate movements as a team, call out changes to blocking schemes, keep "athletic" QB's protected and fight off big fast defensive ends. How is that less skilled than a receiver who has to beat 1 man and catch a ball?
  3. Will Braley finally sell the BC Lions and ride off into the sunset? Lets hope so. He's been a great saviour but should no longer be the face of the BC Lions
  4. Will it be possible to have fans back at CFL games and sporting events again in June or July for a CFL season? I envision 50% capacity and everyone wearing masks
  5. Will CFL 2.0 global initiative die off and if it does what will it be replaced by?It should remain a goal to get more eyeballs on the CFL through TV contracts. But I think 3.0 should be a complete plan for Canadian kids to see the CFL as a possible career path. Minor -> High School -> Junior/University -> CFL. All levels work together for one common purpose, to get skilled players into the CFL (or the NFL if they have that body type). IMO the biggest barrier to this organization is USports and Canadian Academia's aversion to sports.
  6. How does MLSE plan to retool the league in the future if it is the one as rumored recently running the league day to day with funding during the 2020 pandemic? I have no idea. But if they can at a minimum get every team on the same page, I'd call it a beginning.
The biggest thing is that CFL teams must learn to work together for the good of the league or it will die.