View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 9, 2014, 6:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerk View Post
"tell them sorry" is kinda nice. I'd say to go "f***" themselves .
haha yea I like ur response better. But all jokes aside this has been a real issue for our growth. There r so many projects I can think of that the city or county voted down because of a small group of opposition that makes it seems like nobody wants these things bcuz they r the only ones on the news crying or protesting or whatever. in so many cases they have scared the city r county into delaying or voting down projects. A few examples off the top of my head are the GCU campus(I hope they r visiting their historic golf course weekly), expanding Kolb between Sabino canyon and sunrise(been in limbo for 20 years and that stretch has just gotten much much worse as well as dangerous), The El Con Mall issues(every addition has been protested and made a huge ordeal), the small group that doesn't want the rail yard built south of Picacho Peak(Cmon the peak is next to one of the busiest stretches of freeway in the country its not going to disturb anyone), a few Avra Valley residents making it clear that they will die before a freeway can be built through there(expansion into that valley is happening and will continue its inevitable why not have a freeway to use?) and there have been mny more. Ita a serious issue how our boards just tuck their tail between their legs and turn things down that will greatly benefit the greater population