View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 5, 2014, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh9730 View Post
Who knows - Im amazed at how tight lipped city leaders and staff have managed to stay (in all the competing states) on possible sites.

However, IF IF IF it were to come to AZ, it wouldnt completely surprise me to see it somewhere in Pinal County - maybe Casa Grande. All the rail is in place, and there are large swaths of CHEAP land available suitable for the wind/solar power they plan on using to power the factory....

A negative factor is a workforce though - at present that would mean a reverse commute for people in Tucson/Phoenix - especially when (not so much if anymore) the Phoenixmart project is completed and much of the local available workforce is sucked up for that....although they are completely different types of labor of course.

I ve read a couple of articles that HINT Pinal county is high on the list of AZ sites, but who the heck knows....?
The cost of the land is inconsequential to a project like this. Hiring 6,500 people in Pinal County would be even harder that it would be in Pima County (nearly impossible) and while the rail infrastructure is nice, water and power infrastructure are more important. I don't believe CG can support the demands required.

Getting commuters from the two metro areas would be a challenge - though it would be great reason to get a Phoenix <--> Tucson rail connection going.