View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 2:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago103 View Post
Hamtramck seems like a cool place, it is basically an old school midwestern urban neighborhood that was preserved mostly because it was a separate municipality from albeit surrounded by the city of Detroit. Aside from downtown Detroit I think Hamtramck is just about the only other place in the greater Detroit area I could even contemplate living in but for a region of this size that is rather pathetically limiting for an urbanist.
And its ok that you feel that way . However, for a person like me, the Detroit region is a vastly understated region. There is about 6 million people in a 50 mile radius.....nearly 10 million in a 100 mile radius....international border, river, water.....It has everything that satisfies me except one thing....JOBS....which is the ONLY reason I moved from the city about 15 years ago. Not only did I like the Detroit area....but on the weekends I could shoot to Toronto, Chicago, Toledo, Cleveland, Pittsburgh etc....and come back the same day or the next. It might not be Chicago.....but not everyone wants or needs what Chicago has to have their urbanity needs fulfilled. As long as there is a density of women....I am happy.