View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 5, 2020, 4:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIGSEGV View Post
Hmm that movie theater is no longer open? I think I had my first date there
So I just looked it up and it says "temporarily closed." When we were last there as hotel guests, it was abandoned and I am almost certain I read online (one of my favorite things to do while traveling is immerse myself in local media) that it was closed for good. Not sure what to think now.

Quote:
Victorian Ave, styled as Victorian Square, (https://www.google.com/maps/@39.5348...7i13312!8i6656) is the heart of downtown Sparks. Sure, it's not that much, although it's nice during Farmer's Markets or the Rib Festival.
I've stayed at the Nugget maybe three times in the last five years (great indoor pool, we usually go around New Years), and there was never anything going on nearby, but we always try. I'm a big fan of the Truckee Meadows area and have always had it on my shortlist of places I would move to if I can line things up right. In summer, we usually stay in downtown Reno so we can dip our feet in the Truckee at the river park. My SF friends always complained when I dragged them down to the river, but now they reluctantly admit it's a fun summer perk after drinking and gambling.