View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 22, 2019, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riichkay View Post
Apologies if this has been covered but Photobucket has instituted new pricing policies, if you are on the $1.99/mo plan (as I am) and exceed a storage limit they will ask you to delete images or they will start blurring your existing pictures....I have gone through some random thread pages and found the blurring....an upgrade to their $4.99 mo. plan gives you 25 GB of storage or 2,500 images, that's a lot of space and I think the price is fair....but there are those no longer active on the board or unwilling to upgrade so it is going to hollow out the thread somewhat.

Photobucket says: "Free accounts are limited to 25MB of bandwidth per month." How many photos is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityBoyDoug View Post
With all due respect Odin:
This is exactly what we used to say about "Free" Photobucket. They never talked about charging for the sin of third party hosting until you were into them for ten years and many hundreds of photos.
Then they drop a hammer and announce ''new conditions" As they say on the street, you've in for a bumpy ride with PB.
I'm concerned when any hosting site says they're free. Is this a lure to hook you?.

I don't trust ANY photo hosting site...free or not...as I posted in July:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Pal View Post
I really don't trust any photo hosting site, if I ever really did. Another forum I visit had a thread where the site masters would convert every photo posted on it to a photo hosting site so that "none of the photos would ever disappear." Around ten years ago that photo site (I believe it was called Taxine or something like that) just vanished offline one night and, obviously, all the photos that were hosted on it disappeared, too. If you had photos hosted on it you never had a warning to do anything about it.

And the reason that forum's site masters wanted to do this in the first place is that a prolific poster on that thread, who posted hundreds of photos, got disgruntled with some rule on that forum and just eliminated all his photos from it by putting them in a new folder on his hosting site.

So that phrase we keep hearing...once it's online it's always there...well not so much, eh?