View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 9, 2012, 8:30 PM

Edison building, One Bunker Hill, Engstrum Apts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethereal_reality View Post
"Here's a better shot of your mystery street."

originally posted by MichaelRyerson.

Thanks MR, I guess the curvature in the earlier snapshot was indeed, an optical illusion.

below: The earlier photograph that seemed to show a slight 'curvature' (lower right).

ebay

below: So the 'mystery' street ascends up to the Sunkist Building (I know we've covered this before...but my memory sucks).

slide found on ebay

I take it that stairways are located within the five archways?

_____
I worked in the Edison Building (One Bunker Hill Bldg at the time) at Fifth and Grand in the early and mid-'70s. The street in question was Upper Fifth Street. If I were walking from the parking lot on the west side of the Engstrum Apartments and wanted to get to Fifth Street down below, I would take those stairs. It wasn't nearly as scary as you might think because, at the time, Bunker Hill was barren, the Sunkist Building was gone and there was not a lot of foot traffic. At that time, homelessness was practically nil. The parking entrance to the underground Edison Building was on Fifth Street. A short tunnel led the drivers into the Edison basement parking area. --- Don Ray

Last edited by donraymedia; Jun 9, 2012 at 8:31 PM. Reason: Wanted to put my name on it.