View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 27, 2020, 5:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
Yeah, that gap came from black voters not participating at all. In the city of Detroit alone, 40k fewer black voters participated in 2016 than 2012.
I'm not sure what you're saying here... you're saying that group would have voted for Trump over Bernie in 2016...?

And right those types of gaps resulting from a decreased black, urban vote happened all over the place. Having little if nothing to do with Hillary or Bernie, but rather the fact that they were not a very impressive black guy named Barack Obama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
Bernie was more popular in 2016 than 2020, if you look at national approval ratings. I think his campaign learned the wrong lessons from their 2016 loss, and decided to move away from the "class only" focus, which worked somewhat to their detriment.

Basically, I am sure that Bernie would have won in 2016, but 2020 was so close (if you look at margins in AZ, GA, and WI) I can't be as certain.
Right, I'm not talking about 2020. As far as I'm concerned, any progress for the traditional Democratic party was blown apart by Trumpism in 2016 and over the last 4 years, and it's never coming back. And the blame for that can squarely be placed on the shoulders of the DNC and the Hillary Clinton campaign.