View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 27, 2006, 4:23 AM

I think these pictures show how well tones of orange can go with different tones of blue(all pics from the net-not mine) especially when it is not done in a garish way.

Very subtle orange hues near the top of these buildings in this painting:

even in nature you will see these colors together: (Casper Wyoming)

And in this pic of Shanghai there are many different hues of orange and blue tones(not that I am approving of any of the particular architecture here-just talking about the colors)..also love the oranges and blues with the gold colors-gold being another San Francisco tie-in(the gold rush of 1848 basically starting of the city):

and yeah I know these are not the real colors-just showing this way in this picture with the sun on them and all-but they illustrate my point.

I think these reflect more of what I am talking about than an ugly International orange box..something that just borrows ideas and inspiration from the natural surroundings in the Bay area. It just seems like that would be a good idea for inspiration since the natural surroundings and structures(bridges n this case) of SF seem to define and impact that city so much more than many other US cities. The natural surroundings have determined the areas of development and the bridges(exemplified by the Golden Gate Bridge) are the lifelines that tie the areas together. I guess I am interested in this SF project since it is my favorite city(and my city Columbus just does not have alot going on right now).

Last edited by toddguy; Nov 27, 2006 at 4:29 AM.