View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 9:08 AM

Los Angeles City (not counting on other cities) was notoriously known for bad streets, potholes everywhere, groove lines that heavy trucks cause on softer asphalt. It was commonly discussed all the time. They gave grades to all the streets and most got a D or F. But based on what people say here, they would be like a B or C grade. They weren't bad, but they weren't immaculate either. Just many long years of patched up cracks or smoothing over parts that they need when replacing sewer mains or just patches on potholes. So they weren't bad but they weren't perfect and I think many want perfect. But in the past 5 years or so, there has a been a lot of money and effort to address the big issue of the LA City roads. And the worst offenders where Santa Monica Blvd, Venice Blvd in my opinion as these were heavily used all day. I guess there are others.

So the past 5 years, many of the busier roads with bad gradings were repaved first. Followed by flat area residential streets. The ones that have many F grades were the hilly portions which is harder to fix and less priority as only a few people who live there use it rather than the main roads where everyone uses it. There is also effort to fix potholes ASAP but it takes the public to call the city to tell them as the city doesnt just drive around finding potholes. My local area has almost had every primary and secondary street paved at least once or twice. Sometimes you read on facebook comments on how other people in other LA districts aren't getting the same things done but it comes down to their district city councilmember I guess. Now you dont really hear much complaining about LA streets. It is mostly just about homeless or price of rent.