View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 27, 2006, 9:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxMtl666
I saw at CBC News in french(SRC)a little documentary about Saint John pipeline. I like Saint John but i am against that pipeline pass through the city by Rockwood park. Many citizens are scared about pipeline into the city. Emera can get this pipeline under fundy bay, they just don`t want to pay the extra cost. There are a risk for the population in that case. The most important thing is that many of them are scared about reprisal by Irving oil. Saint John still seem to be a little "Banana republic". Deal or no deal... no other position.. It is a shame for the democracy

I would want your comments on that
I am quite amazed how Saint John bows down to Irving the way they do. For one thing building an LNG facilty that close to a city is just crazy and then to get hardly anything on taxes for having it there is just insane....then to top it all off they want to build a high pressured pipe line right through the city is just crazy. Is Saint John that desperate for business I mean really. At least in NS the two planned LNG's are in less popultated areas with fair taxes to the communities.