View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 8, 2014, 8:15 PM

While researching something unrelated, I came across this rendering of what was apparently a new hospital soon to be built in LA... I thought the architecture was a bit retro for 1922. Then I thought the drawing must be of Angelus Hospital, actually built about 20 years before, but that building is of a different design, as seen in various pictures below. (Does anyone recognize the drawing above as a building that might have been elsewhere in the city?) Anyway, I haven't found out what the 1922 building might have looked like. But then it may have never been built at all...seems there was some malfeasance on the part of the venture's president....

USCDL

LAPL

Articles: LAT

Have to say, I'm one who's very glad then was then. As for the future that "didn't pan out the way we thought it would"... hasn't it? Aren't we living in the age of Dick Tracy wrist radios, men on the moon, futuristic medicine, fantastic variations in ways of life and opportunities? Love my automotive relics and living in an old building in an old city, love researching the past, but live in it? Not even if there was time travel.