View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 12, 2017, 2:23 PM

77 Sunset Strip

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3940dxer View Post
GREAT photo, sopas_ej. I had to stare at it for a few minutes before the recognition locked in, but...fascinating. Too bad we can't read the billboards.

How about Dino's? Of course, that was Dean Martin's bar-restaurant on the strip, just a few blocks away at 8524 Sunset. They had a cozy fireplace, a good bar, and superb views. It was actually a pretty great little spot, within walking distance of my WeHo digs back then, and even a nobody like me was made to feel welcome. Man, I'd love to go back there one more time. Good memories. (The menu is dated 1959, well before my time there. )

http://dbase1.lapl.org/dbtw-wpd/exec...=&MF=&MQ=&TI=0

http://martinostimemachine.blogspot....nos-lodge.html
So, at the risk of being repetitive, I have reposted this series of Dino's pics for a reason. One reason is that I still haven't learned how to post my own images (despite the tireless efforts of HossC to tell me how). But I am currently enjoying watching reruns of 77 Sunset Strip on MeTV and I have a favor to ask of you native LA guys who grew up in the city. For a long time I've scoured every site I possibly can to see if either the large neon restaurant sign outside of Dino's or the awning attached to the Mary Hill Davis building (site of the Bailey and Spenser offices) still exist somewhere. I've always wanted both and would pay a pretty penny if either (or both) were stashed somewhere and can be bought. I'm hoping some of you guys may have access to better resources than I do, or may know something of their whereabouts.
I have no idea what I'd do with them, but I wanttttttt them!

Maybe one or both are stored in Roger Smith's garage and Ann Margret is going to hold a yard sale to get rid of them? wishful thinking.

Help me out here, Hoss. I tried to post you a pic of the awning, and I'm sure a better pic of the Dino's sign exists somewhere that you could post for me? Many thanks!