View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 25, 2016, 9:54 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Genral View Post
That makes me the 1 out of 5 dentist that doesn't recommend Crest. The .1% germ that Lysol doesn't kill. The not choosy mother who doesn't choose Jiff. The one Territon smoker who would rather switch than fight...you got to be old enough to get the last two...
As is usually the case, I'm in agreement with you. I thought I might start liking it after repeated exposure to the renderings over several months, but it's just getting worse. That angled offset middle block of concrete is just no. No. Can someone provide a legitimate defense for that? It doesn't work. Does.Not.Work. It looks stupid. The whole thing is just stupid, it's trying waayyy too hard to be hip, and it'll probably succeed with some people for a few years, but it's not gonna last. We're gonna regret this mistake. The bottom level is hideous too. The top section is bland and could pass for a suburban or Domain office building, but on Barton Springs Rd? No. Make this go away.

I think you meant Tarlton for that cigarette brand, and even then I'm not sure that's the brand that used that slogan but yeah, I'd rather fight this than switch to liking it. [Google search] OK, you're right, but it's Tareyton. The really weird thing is that I feel like I've never heard of that brand before, and yet the slogan was drilled into my brain a few hundred times when I was a kid.