View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 16, 2014, 6:14 PM

Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project, Pictures 10 13 2014

Now that thing have calmed down after the opening of phase I we are going to settled back into the routine of describing how things are proceeding on phase II.

Construction on phase II is presently confined to Dulles Airport property north of Aviation Drive. Roughly 40 column are in various stages of construction. At this writing 12 have column cap on them, 16 are at or nearly ready for column cap the remainder are rebar cages sticking out of the ground. The 4 column that will carry the elevated over Autopilot Drive north of Rudder Road have not been holed to bedrock yet along with the 6 north of Aviation Drive along Air Freight Lane. Do to the weather I was unable to see exactly how many columns have been driven to bedrock between Windshear Road and the Dulles Greenway.

The casting plant site on the airport property used to make the post-tension segments for phase I is presently being used as a material lay down area. Not sure if it will be used by the phase II contractor for the same purpose, will check the area on my next visit.

Test track and Commissioning Facility

The new buildings in Greenbelt Yard are complete. Not sure how far along the fitting out of the equipment in commissioning facility is.

Grading to prepare for the roadbed on the test track is still proceeding south of Greenbelt Road. The surface cable trough for the test track signaling and train control system has been installed adjacent to inbound track E2 from the interlocking south of the Greenbelt station to just north of Greenbelt Road.

###

Pictures at picasaweb.google.com/cambronj DCMP 10 13 1014.

Pictures at picasaweb.google.com/cambronj Greenbelt Test Track and Commissioning Facility.

Captioned thumb nails along with the above and past essays can be view at cambronj.blogspot.com DCMP 01 19 2014.