View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 11, 2021, 4:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post
Yeah. It's super complicated. I'd argue police aren't just "hanging back" but also just opting to not proactively do anything in certain circumstances when in the past they would. Citizens don't help either. My investment property in Germantown has been burglarized a number of times and I have to tell you. I've gotten multiple calls from neighbors telling me someone was trying to break into my house and in each instance, when I've asked them to call police, they've said they didn't feel comfortable calling the police because they didn't want the cops to "over-react". In one case, I explicitly said then why are you calling me if you're unwilling to do anything about it. Like. SOMEONE WAS BREAKING INTO MY HOUSE and she was acting like this person was selling loose cigarettes on the street.

It's absurd. I would never not call the police if I saw someone breaking into a house.

Anyways. You can believe in tactics that are being pushed by both sides. Which I do. I want re-allocate funds from current policing issues (i.e. mental health calls, low level QOL issues) but also support stop and frisk in certain cases. Like, less response is required in some cases and more in others.

I'm gonna venture a guess and say that the typical person who opposes stop and frisk is a white liberal from Center City and similar environs. Literally no one who does not have alterior motives or mal-intent who lives at 33rd&Diamond opposes stop and frisk.
So, hold on... Your investment property has been burglarized "a number of times" and "multiple times" a person or persons have called you, the landlord of a neighboring property, whose phone number they had, to inform you that your property was being broken into? And in one case, you actually asked the woman why she was calling you if she was unwilling to do something about, even though she was currently in fact in the act of doing something about it -- calling the property owner, who then could have called the cops if so inclined?

And you cannot understand why people would be concerned about police overreacting? And that maybe someone would hesitate to involve police in a situation and put someone's life in danger? Does someone live at this property or is it vacant?

And you think black people typically support stop and frisk and having their civil rights violated? By police?