View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 18, 2020, 2:16 AM
Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_denizen View Post
its true that I shouldn't remove airports and industrial , I just found the amount of these uses in SLC City surprisingly high

but the demographia number do exclude wilderness from the Calgary UA, I was attempting to do the same and come up with an apples to appples comparison for Salt Lake County.
OK, I understand. Fair enough. It is really difficult to compare the typical metro density statistics.

I'd summarize my position (after considering your useful posts) as something like this:

Calgary's inner city is substantially denser than SLC's (say, the central ~15-20% of the metro). The non-inner city areas of the two metro areas (the other 80% of the metros) is probably very similar in terms of density. This results in Calgary being overall denser than SLC, but probably only something like 1.5 times more dense (all while acknowledging that this is a very inexact science).
With coarse rice to eat, with water to drink, and my bended arm for a pillow - I have still joy in the midst of these things. Riches and honors acquired by unrighteousness are to me as a floating cloud.