View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 9, 2014, 4:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaylordWilshire View Post

:previous

Have to say, I'm one who's very glad then was then. As for the future that "didn't pan out the way we thought it would"... hasn't it? Aren't we living in the age of Dick Tracy wrist radios, men on the moon, futuristic medicine, fantastic variations in ways of life and opportunities? Love my automotive relics and living in an old building in an old city, love researching the past, but live in it? Not even if there was time travel.
Without the intent of engaging in an argument, the post WWII years through the mid 1960s were very exciting times. Most particularly if you were in you twenties, as the future looked limitless, and it pretty much was. Today if one is in their twenties it doesn't appear the same vision of the future exists. Yes technology has brought us many things and I can say for certain that being a part of the early days of the developing new technologies and applications for those technologies in the high tech world was very exciting. However, it is a fact that virtually nothing new has come along since the mid 1970s, only miniaturization and refinement of the technology developed during the previous 25 years, along with a lot of misapplication. We have a lot of almost pointless gadgets that may well be eating us alive from the inside out.

Last edited by Retired_in_Texas; Jun 9, 2014 at 5:21 AM.