View Single Post
Old Posted May 18, 2014, 8:23 AM
Representing the ATX!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleC View Post
The thing that concerns me with the bike system is if you arrive at a station, and there isn't any room to park your bike, leaving you with the bike for longer, which means you'll be paying for more.

Why just a half hour for free though? I remember in Vienna where they have basically the same system, you could ride for free for under an hour, park somewhere, then come back to ride again. I love loopholes!

Also, nobody made a comment about this that I posted a while ago (it was at the bottom of the page):

Toll lanes proposed along SH 71 near ABIA

http://kxan.com/2014/04/01/toll-lane...-71-near-abia/

Even the tiniest stretches of roads can't be built free anymore (well, except Ben White at 71, thank heavens that's going to be free).

This was published on April the 1st. Hopefully the toll part was an April fools joke lol.
Yea this is something I am unhappy about but seriously until we replace the entire state government to something other than the status quo, then expect a lot more toll roads. There are better ways to build roads but of course the state doesn't care.

A little side note about the fighting on this thread. I understand that every now and again most of us have heated discussions and arguments, but I would like to believe that over the years we have become friends, if not in person then in spirit. It is a fun time meeting everybody that shows up at forum meets and I think it is about time for a another forum meet.

I just don't like seeing personal attacks on here. Is this a debate? Sure of course it is, but we should be able to debate without getting personal because it makes me sad when that happens. Lets have a good debate and at the end of the day...