View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 1, 2018, 5:03 PM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by gebs View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that One South Halsted looks stepped in this rendering? Is it supposed to thin out like that as it rises? I mean, it looks completely different from the renderings that I've seen.

I know it's a different development being built by different architects and developers. I'd understand removing it completely like how some renderings of 150 N Riverside didn't include River Point and vice versa. But why change it so much?
That building had to be photoshopped in... looks like every other building in the background was part of the original photo. Unfortunately, they just did a shitty job of photoshopping. You can see McDonalds under construction at the far right.

My guess is that One South Halsted was added in at the last minute by somebody inexperienced. Including One South Halsted makes 725 W Randolph look more appropriate and visually establishes the chain of highrises better than if they just showed Skybridge and Arkadia. If I were doing this rendering, I also would have "illuminated" The Parker as well, since right now it kind of fades into the cityscape.