View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 1, 2011, 6:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pimp View Post
Compare this "Jenga" block of a design to the Roosevelt University building or the Aqua. This "design" is nothing more than filler. This city needs more creative designs. Just what we need another boring design. My three year old can do better Mr. Untitledreality.
If you actually live in Chicago I don't know how you can possibly think that this is simply a filler building. Have you seen anything that has been built in this city over the last ten years? If the material selection is up to par (which it should be with Hovey), this will be a finely detailed, stately, minimalist tower in a neighborhood full of PoMo crap and SCB garbage.

Everyone the world over thinks that every piece of architecture needs to be unique, new, iconic... when in reality the race for the icon has provided us with cities void of themes, void of traceable history and full of fast aging nonfunctional designs.

But given the fact that you think the Roosevelt University tower is creative, or that your three year old could do better, there really is no point in wasting my time trying to convince you otherwise. Enjoy your boring new building, I know I will.