View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 14, 2019, 11:43 AM

Yay Sopas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopas ej View Post

Obesity is really more common now than it was back then.

Even when I was a kid, it seemed there weren't too many fat people. And when you saw one, they really stood out. When I was in elementary school, which was in the mid 70s-early 80s, there was only 1 fat kid in the class, and again, he stood out. And he wasn't even really fat, just "chubby."

Today, fat kids seem to be common, and nobody seems fazed by it.

I'm thinking because there's more fast food restaurants out there than ever, and people just don't cook at home... or when they do, they use processed food like instant potatoes or whatever. Not only is this contributing to obesity but also higher rates of diseases like cancer and high blood pressure. At a previous job I had, quite a number of people would bring those instant microwavable lunches to work and eat that for lunch. I'm sure those are really high in sodium and preservatives. I couldn't imagine doing that all the time.
Sopas, you speak the truth. What you say resonates deeply with my molars.

I've recently gone through an aortic valve replacement dictated by nothing but a birth defect. The corrective operation left me functionally healthy but in a position where I must eat obsessively healthily in order to get back on track, and the fact is that to do that I am forced to eat home cooking constantly in order to avoid excess salt and sugar.

And let me emphasize that even now I have no vascular damage. I have never had a cholesterol issue, and I have NO plaque blockage.

Heart issues can frag you violently at any point, despite your best efforts. They can lead to both stroke and lung issues well before the true source is determined. Don't ask me how I know.

The bottom line is that if you want to live and love as long as you can, eat to live--as opposed to living to eat. And I want all of you to live as long as you can. ESPECIALLY you all. I depend upon you daily.

The loving is at your discretion.