View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 30, 2015, 12:40 PM
don't *meddle*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
They should build the Chicago Spire here. Manhattan can support the units for it, and it would make a profit.

But in terms of the Chicago Skyneedle, something like this resembles a 1920/30's look. What Lower Manhattan needs. Just a modern version it it.

A good location for it would be right near City Hall on the corner of Park Row and Beekman (Right near J&R). It would be an a position that would make the skyline look sweet without overpowering the WTC Complex. Its a fantasy, but one that would epic.
I'm not sure about the Chicago Spire ... it's a bit too "miamish" for my taste and wouldn't fit New York.
The skyneedle on the other hand is just perfect. The proportions are perfectly suited for a tall residential tower (slim, setbacks). And the spire works pretty well too.
And yes, Lower Manhattan should have the first 2000 footer although my guess would be Midtown East taking the cake.

EDIT: 420 Albee Square got a massive height cut ...

http://www.yimbynews.com/2015/03/420...ries-tall.html

Quote:
But now, the SLCE-designed building seems to have been shortened dramatically. The tower’s floor count has been reduced from 65 stories down to 35, and its height has seen a drop from 679 feet to 389 feet.
Too bad, since this area needs some height.

Last edited by hunser; Mar 30, 2015 at 12:56 PM.