View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 11, 2007, 6:13 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler82 View Post
I have a feeling this is far from over and nobody knows what will happen or who the winner will be..
Or what modifications to the winning design will be required. The height could change (more likely down than up, but possibly up some if that's how Chris gets his housing), and the office/housing mix will almost certainly change. But since the fact that this developer is offering more than twice as much for the site--and the only way I can see them doing that is to build a "mostly office" building--it's going to be an interesting negotiation. I just hope somebody has asked Hines how much they are willing to pay for the site if they are required to add housing to their proposal BEFORE the final choice is made.

After seeing this choice and reading the article I posted above, though, my take is the TJPA is desperate for money and the other board members might shut Chris down. Since the TJPA design choice is not appealable but I believe the upzoning of heights is--like any zoning decision--where are we if Chris doesn't get what he wants in the design? Would he try to block the zoning change at the Board of Supervisors and thereby wreck the project??