View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 6, 2019, 6:38 PM
HVAC guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
totally agree.

I work in Alberta and they hate BC and Vancouver because of the pipelines. They are always well turn off your heat if you don't like oil. blah blah blah. NE BC where I grew up may as well be Alberta and I am sure most of them would love to join Alberta if given the chance.
Prince George & points north are a lot more aligned with Alberta than the rest of BC, that is for sure. Up in the Cariboo where our cabin is, there are a lot of people from the Alberta capital region who have summer places, whereas in the Shuswaps and Okanagan it tends to be a lot more Southern Albertans, but even in those regions I'd bet there's little alignment with Alberta on most matters.

It breaks down to the same old phenomena as always.. Edmontonians are envious and jealous of Calgary, And Calgarians are envious and jealous of Vancouver. Conversely most people in BC don't really even think about Alberta at all whereas Albertans are pre-occupied with BC. It's been that way for years and likely won't change any time soon.