View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 19, 2012, 10:38 PM

6634 Sunset Blvd

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaylordWilshire View Post
In the process of looking for the Carty market on Washington, I found a few other standing streamline buildings...

--the horizontal louvers don't appear to be original to the building, but I do like the more colorful treatment of the facade, whatever its vintage, compared to the dreary brown of today.

color 6634 Sunset: Superstock; others: GoogleSV
What a gorgeous little building this was with its B&W glazed-tile horizontal stripes. The second floor "penthouse" with terrace looks a lovely spot for a noirsh cocktail party and the louvers are great as is the drive, topped by the building's once-outlined-in-neon fascia strip. Awesome that the porthole door has survived, but too bad someone thinks coiled razor-wire is the way to go. Still in very savable condition (I'd rid it of the 50's/60's now-blank sign though). Just down and across from Crossroads of the World.

Thx GW for pointing this one out. Memorable.

gsv

UPDATE:

urbanizela

P.S. Re 5931 Hollywood Blvd, that seems to be a private drive (Google camera car didn't go there) to access new development in the interior of the block which replaced the gardens.

Last edited by tovangar2; Mar 12, 2017 at 2:25 AM. Reason: Update