View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 31, 2013, 4:15 PM
mmmm... infillicious!

I can't imagine Northwest Denver/Highlands without a streetcar line. After all, it's has perhaps the strongest streetcar legacy of any Denver neighborhood.

I'm late to weigh in here, but not because I'm not interested. I've thought a lot about a Highland streetcar and see it going like this:

Phase 1: 15th to Boulder to 16th to Tejon to 32nd, ending at Federal with a transfer station to Federal BRT.

Phase 2: Extend to 32nd and Lowell area.

Next, the Downtown Area Plan and the Auraria Campus Master Plans identify a Larimer streetcar line to connect the Auraria West Campus LRT station with 38th and Blake.

Finally, an idea that came out of our Downtown>Cherry Creek streetcar studio was the idea of a southern Downtown east-west connector along W. 11th Avenue. There used to be a streetcar once along W. 11th in the GT. A streetcar line could go from Civic Center/Broadway area west along 11th to the 10th and Osage LRT station, providing another good way for people to get to Civic Center/Upper Downtown without having to transfer from DUS or the Downtown Loop. Also, the streetcar stop at 11th and Santa Fe would put you right in the middle of the Santa Fe Arts District.

DenverInfill Blog
DenverUrbanism