View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 2, 2015, 10:50 PM

There have been many fascinating posts the last few days and I want to thank everybody for them all!

I single this one out from Tourmaline, because it's a personal fascination of mine and these two newfound photos of Monkey Island give hope there are still others to come! Thanks, Tourmaline!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmaline View Post
A couple more that may have been overlooked? They may also suggest a few unspoken reasons for the island's demise.

1940 - The Island Monkey Bar
http://catalog.library.ca.gov/exlibr...JT23XABI3B.jpg

Undated photo of "Sourpuss" the blindfolded tightrope walker.
http://catalog.library.ca.gov/exlibr...E1PFXVP6KM.jpg

I also want to thank you, HossC, for many recent posts where you've linked other posts with further information or clarification. (Or just to revisit something!)

Also, perhaps you and others can answer this: While I've been searching for something on occasion...am I correct that if someone posts something and writes or links something in quotes...like this:

Quote:
Let's say I quoted a post in reference to the Motordrome and then underneath the post I wrote a lot of other information about it and had more pictures, but I didn't mention "Motordrome" at all.
It seems to me that if you then search for posts about Motordrome, it wouldn't search this particular post with Motordrome because it's in the "quote" section.

If that makes sense to you, am I correct about this?

I noticed recently there was a photo postcard posted with information about a building in it that I thought I might want to look up again sometime, but the words (building name) weren't in the person's post, so if I had searched for it I wouldn't have found it. If people post things in photos, I guess I'm saying you should try to make sure, for search purposes, that the names in the photos are written in your posts somewhere, either in the title or the message. Even if you just wrote them at the end of it, like:

Motordrome, Monkey Island, Chapman Park Hotel, Catalina Sugar-Loaf--or something.

Of course, I'd rather have the posts than not at all!

Sorry for the SIDEBAR.