View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 6, 2009, 12:32 AM
Pittsburgh rocks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanactivistTX View Post
Good to hear... but please... get RID of your Ray Miller's HOUSTON book. It was written before I was even born, and Houston no longer looks like that. There's never any problem with sharing your opinion on this site, but just remember that what you say creates a finite image from someone else about that city and community, and it may not always be true.

I have no interest in saying negative things about great cities like Pittsburgh. We all know that Pittsburgh has had its ups and downs, but it is far from being a "dying" rust-belt city. It is in fact being used as an example for all industrial-based communities when it hosts the G8 summit next year.
Sorry to cause any problems. I actually could name tons of cities that Houston is better than. It's not a bad place. Has lots of amentities just in a lower density environment. Houston does have one of the better downtowns in the country. I was very impressed. I was up in the observation deck at the Chase Tower, too. I have a lot of pictures. The city is getting better all of the time, unlike some cities that are regressing (we all know the ones). I could name more postives too, but I think you get the point by now.