View Single Post
Old Posted May 14, 2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donraymedia View Post
I'm not sure it I'm posting this correctly. I'm a new guy here. I'm sorry if I'm doing this wrong. Anyway, The photo is from about 1964 or maybe 1965. The Teen Age Fair had been happening for several years prior to that at the Pickwick Pool Facility at Riverside Drive and Main Street in Burbank. By the time of this photo, it took place at the Palladium a couple of blocks behind the camera. I attended the fair at both venues. It's great to see photos of Wallach's Music City. It was the place to go to if you wanted to drop the needle on your favorite 45 RPM record in your private listening booth while you decided if it was worth the dollar to buy it.

You can isolate parts of a previous post when quoting, if you want to--just press the "quote" button at the bottom of the post, leave the first "QUOTE" indicator (including brackets), and delete the text and/or photos you don't need, just making sure to leave the final "QUOTE" indicator (including brackets and forward slash). Any new material you want to add needs to be before or after these indicators. In your case, you could have come up with only the last photo in ethereal's post and added your information about the teen fair after it. Sounds complicated, but you'll get the hang of it. As for the Teen Fair... I've seen that pic before but never noticed that banner. Here is an odd youtube item (click to see it) of low-resolution stills taken at the fair--complete with '60s graphics but set strangely to a trippy version of "The First Noel." Are you in any of these pictures? Or are you in the back of this Pontiac hearse?

LAPL

Per the LAPL: "Teenage members of the new Euclid Heights Community Center, Boyle Heights, on April 6, 1966. Here they pile into a one-time hearse for a field trip. Later they rode away in style for a Teen Fair in Hollywood."