View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 28, 2015, 6:14 PM

This project will be a nice addition to LeMarchant Road, I hope it gets speedy approval and that the developer moves forward with it as soon as possible. Marketing it as apartments might make it more viable at this time during the slow condo market. They could always convert to condos in a few years if the market improves.

I seem to recall that in the “grand” master plan for the future, LeMarchant road has been recognized as one of the neighborhoods the city would like to see improved/developed. Perhaps they should be pushed a little harder to put some meat on those plans, or will it be another case of the tail (developers) wagging the dog (the City). Instead of being proactive with any kind of conceptual plans the City always seems to be in reactive mode, based on what is put forward. As a good example, what is the “plan” for the Grace Hospital site? I know the City has held some meeting in the past to solicit ideas but what ever became of it?

LeMarchant Road has so much potential as a mixed use neighborhood, I only hope it can develop to its full potential. A cable car up Barter’s Hill might help…lol…walking “Down”town is no problem, coming back up..not so much fun