View Single Post
Old Posted May 10, 2012, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckman821 View Post
Perhaps too many off us spammed it because I think they took down the entire comment page.
When I first checked out the Friends of Wolf Point website, I saw only three comments posted - one from a man complaining about all the extra traffic the Wolf Point development would cause - another from a woman that felt building highrises on such an historic piece of ground would be some form of sacrilege(as if the surface parking lot that occupies the space currently is the proper way to honor its historic significance) - and a third from a woman who bemoaned the loss of what she called the last place in downtown Chicago that has any wildlife in it. She also worried about where to walk her dog if the Point gets developed. Now all comments are gone.

I have no doubt that the group is comprised mostly of Riverbend residents. If the three comments that first appeared on the site are any indication, they are, no doubt, grasping to identify as many reasons as they could, as implausible as they are, to stop any development on Wolf Point - short of stating the most obvious reason they don't want it - because it would block their views. I have a feeling that if they used that argument, they would receive little sympathy.

I also have no doubt that in addition to the Riverbend residents, Shorenstein, which picked up the Apparel Center recently for $228 million, and Hostmark, which spent $26 million to renovate the Holiday Inn-Mart Plaza in 2009, are just as concerned about blocked views, and will be the invisible hand guiding Friends of Wolf Point.

I smell the scent of freshly cut AstroTurf.