View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 12, 2010, 1:55 PM

Wow! great shots Sopas ej! I myself spent the weekend viewing my own little private noir festival. I had received my copy of the exiles on Friday....Great movie with some fabulous extras, particularly bunker hill 1956, and the last day of angels flight. I also watched, (much to my wife and kids annoyance), Acts of violence, M, the indestructible man, (alright, i actually fast forwarded through that one to the street scenes of the follies, and the entire angels flight scene, and the murder scene in the Bradbury building), criss cross, the turning point, (what cracks me up with this one, is that it's supposed to take place in a mid-western Indiana town ), the scar, and finished off last night with angels flight. I've seen kiss me deadly so many times, i chose to leave this one off the agenda this weekend. Has Marian Carr done anything other than Kiss me Deadly and The Indestructible Man?

here are some aerial photos taken over civic center showing how the street grid changed through the decades;

This 1924 aerial shows the street layout before the extension of spring street. The off angle layout of the hall of records makes sense with the original street grid around civic center

Cal State Library

In this 1938 aerial, New high (formerly Justica) street still kind of exists in this photo, even though it has been reduced to a half block angled road forming the triangle park between city hall and the hall of records

LAPL

In this 1955 aerial, the re-gridding of the streets around civic center have been completed. The hall of records now takes on it's weird angle appearance due to the straightening of the streets around it

LAPL