View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 21, 2018, 9:58 PM
Paramoderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by edale View Post
As great as it is to plan more metro lines on a map, we also need to really look at upgrading the service we do have. As someone who uses both LADOT and Metro service to commute daily, I can attest that service is pretty pathetic for a major metro system. Red Line rush hour headways are...12 minutes? That is abysmal. Outside of rush hour, headways sometimes top 20 minutes! And the Dash buses, which act as critical 'first and last mile' connectors to our rail lines have very limited hours. The Dash bus I rely on in Los Feliz to take me to the Vermont/Sunset station stops running at 7 PM (last pickup at the Metro at 6:40) and doesn't even have weekend service at all! Pretty hard to have a usable rail system if many people can't access it or depend on it regularly. Lines on a map are great, and I truly can't wait for the Purple Line extension to Fairfax to open, but we also need to make sure the transit we do have is functional for all people, not just those without any options.
Part of this is due to the turnback facility. They are upgrading it so trains can be turned around with four minute headways.