View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 30, 2020, 5:55 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 View Post
Because a building is still better than a dirt lot or parking lot. I don't buy the "it's gonna fall over next week" image that was portrayed. It could be rehabbed if they really wanted to. So why not sell it and let the buyer decide if they will build something or rehab? Just tearing it down to sell it is a garbage excuse. Tearing it down because something is ready to be build there that provides the community a benefit like more housing is more legitimate of a reason to tear something down, especially when it's "historical".

You will never get that building back. So if you tear it down, tear it down because something else is going in it's place.
Perhaps give them a chance? We do not know what they have planned and they have been tossing around a high-rise in this location for several years now with a fairly recent rendering which I found and posted a while back. Also, I don't think there is enough space to add a surface parking lot and pretty sure it would have to go to the City of Phoenix since the street and sidewalk are not zoned nor designed for a parking lot entrance.