View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 24, 2014, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMich View Post
That's an interesting redo for the areas in front of Cobo, though, I'm still kind of confused of the street configuration in that area to begin with, and I'm not sure what is street and what is a pedestrian plaza in that rendering. I can't tell from that rendering exactly how they cut it off from Atwater, because the rendering doesn't seem to go to Civic Center Drive (the connection to Atwater).
It's not a pedestrian plaza, specifically. It's a decorative driveway that has bollards (traffic poles) instead of curbs. At least that's what it looks like. Random example:

http://streets.mn/2014/07/03/free-pa...field-station/

The grassy area on the left of the rendering is where Civic Center Drive would be. Coming from Atwater, Civic Center Drive will be cutoff to make a cul-de-sac in front of the UAW Ford building. At least, that's how it's described on the Cobo website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMich View Post
Glad to see they are going to redo facade - if even minimially - for the American Lightweight and Modern Metals Manufacturing Innovation Institute. I really thought they were just going to clean-up the outside and move in. This is kitty-corner (or maybe just acorss the street, even) from the Quicken Tech Center going up, right?
Yep, yep. Speaking of the cleaning up part, most of that was done by Mayor Duggan to entice ALMMII to move into Detroit after word got out that a Canton deal fell apart. So you can thank Duggan for stepping up to the plate and seizing an opportunity.