View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 10, 2015, 6:31 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chealion View Post
Not enough land left for surface parking lots.</sarcasm> The renders look appealing but the overhead view just scream Deerfoot Meadows 2.0.

If that grey portion immediately south of the south boulevard units is supposed to be a two level parkade, I'd like to see more of the top level be a green roof courtyard. Parkades are prime candidates for green roofs, as there is no issues generally about weight or drainage. What I'd like to see happen on that space in addition to good garden design would be market on weekends, including perhaps a night market on summer Saturdays. This would invite more people there, and would itself leverage people coming for other amenities (such as movies or to eat) and walking over from the hotels on the south of 16th. This would also allow patrons to enjoy views of nature looking south, as walking on the boulevard you really mix the broader contexts you're. It would also be positive to get more people to walk the trails in the nature reserve. By the way, what is the path patrons of the Sheraton Four Points and other hotels across 16th would need to walk?

I've not completely thought this through but I've highlighted several times that nature needs to be part of the plan, and I don't necessarily see that.

Would still like to see a hotel there also.