View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 29, 2016, 2:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
What's the rent though? The province originally said MHS would cost upwards of $40M to renovate, which is why they went with a new school out in Tankville at a cheaper $30M. Is the Library expected to pay a rent upwards of $500,000/y? Up from their current $1/month? Did they say in the presentation how much $$ MH35 would be putting into the project?
Talked to my Brother, and it seems everyone but Library staff keeps talking about the libraries impending move to the old MHS building except they don't want to move there is no way they will ever see there 1$ rent again, and I'm pretty sure with the space the MH35 crew drew up for the public library would cost 550,000$ give, or take at today's rental rates.

I said it before, and will say it again with the Province selling the school, and the push to make a deal with both the city, and MH35 this will make it harder to sell the building, and land.

As for the MCA building, and the Humanity project they have a time limit to work with for purchasing the building otherwise they will sell it off to a developer, and the Humanity project will loose out. At least that's what I get from the info I was given.