View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 26, 2015, 6:51 AM
Meh

I went on a fishing/beach trip with my brother and sister and their families in April to Sargent, Texas. That's about 60 miles down the coast from Galveston. While it was nice, it felt completely different from Port Aransas. We rented a house on a tidal creek. The fishing was crap because of the weather. it rained most of the weekend, but it was nice. Still, I missed the sights and sounds of Port Aransa where you could actually see palm trees and hear seagulls. I swear, I love that place. I can remember about 20 years ago we took a trip down to Port Aransas. We stayed in our RV in the RV/tent park just up from the beach. We hadn't been there very long when a guy came along to say that his dog was missing. Of course there are coyotes on the island, so anything small would be eaten. I had brought my bicycle along, and so I set off to ride around a bit to look. Well, I screwed up and wiped out. I went down as I turned too sharply. I scraped all the skin off my right thumb and all the skin off between my knuckles on my left hand nearly to the bones. So I had to go see the pretty nurse in the ranger's station. lol My folks wanted to know after that if I wanted to stay or go home. And I was like, are you guys crazy? First of all, I don't want to ruin your trip, but if I have be laid up in pain not being able to do anything, then this is the best place I can think to do it. I couldn't fish because I had bandages on both hands, so I soaked my hands in the sink in the RV and my mom cleaned put fresh bandages on. Then when they'd fish on the channel I'd crawl up on the roof of the RV and lay there and watch the ships come by. It was a bummer and the scrapes sure did hurt, but I didn't want to be anywhere else. That was 20 years ago and I still have the scars between my knuckles.