View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 4, 2019, 7:26 PM

Maybe at even a short distance these stars just blurred together with the larger lights and weren't noticeable unless you were on top of them.
This photo below seems to show them lit up in the nearest lights. As they recede they aren't at all noticeable.

For all the times I was on Hollywood Blvd. when those lights were there, I do recall the red stars on those light fixtures, but my memory of them is in daylight hours.

The clock above says it's 9:30 p.m. -- "...do you know where your children are?"

Remember those ads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDiH View Post
What mother today would allow her young child to wander the streets of Hollywood at midnight?

Midnight? I'd say midnight in any decade I would not allow it! Heh!

Whatever happened to bedtimes for school age kids, and by school age I mean up through 12th grade? When I was growing up in the 1960's I had bedtimes I was to adhere to. And by adhere to I mean go to sleep. Bedrooms nowadays are filled with things to entertain you, like cellphones and computers and what have you. I just thought of this amusement: On my first day of college when my parents were helping me move into my dorm room, when we were outside of the dorm two parents were outside the front doors and a new college boy, their son, came outside to see them with his much younger brother, by several years, and the parents said to the younger boy, "What did you think?" The younger boy replied in horror, "There's nothing in there, not even a phone or television!" All the parents in listening distance laughed quite heartily.

Last edited by Martin Pal; Aug 4, 2019 at 7:46 PM.